Allow "FallenPartsDestroyHeight" to be Changeable by Script

I have to write this here because I am unable to post in #feature-requests:studio-features. I posted this previously in #development-discussion, and of course this post was removed immediately for no reason and provided no legitimate alternative category.

As a Roblox Developer, I believe the FallenPartsDestroyHeight Workspace property should be writeable by script.

It is well documented that roblox performance degrades significantly the further you are from the center of the Workspace. So, for that reason, I cannot move my giant maps because this would cause issues in my game, even regardless of this issue.

A simple way to solve this problem is to make FallenPartsDestroyHeight writeable by script.
Why you may ask? The answer is simple.

Allowing developers to change this property means that they can load/unload various maps and change the position at which parts are destroyed to correspond with said map. This means all the maps can be in the same space in the world, preventing roblox from breaking, and stopping other issues they may encounter as a result.

Do you think this change should be made?
  • Yes, I agree.
  • No, I disagree.

0 voters

4 Likes

Time to bump this post! This really needs to become a supported feature.

1 Like

What you should do I set it to math.huge through the console and then have a part that is math.huge long and math.huge wide and then have a script that destroys parts that touch it and you can change the y position with a script

If you want to unload/load a map why not just clone from server, and do a :Destroy() to remove it?