Allow for [Find Next / Find Previous] to be held down and ~spam~ the function, like it used to some time ago

Months ago we used to be able to hold down the hotkey for Find Previous / Find Next and it would “spam”, as a function of the key being held down, apparently it was a bug (since it never worked with the UI click) and was fixed, but this was honestly way too good of a feature to lose.

It takes too long to spam clicks, and using an auto-click Macro is not really a good thing to need in Studio, i don’t really have an explanation as to why i used to use this feature it so much, but i did, and i miss it.

The suggestion is simple, allow both the UI and Hotkey of Find Next/Previous to be held and repeat until let go.

I’m not familiar with the previous behavior, but I assume using Ctrl + F followed by Ctrl + D as many times as desired is what you’re looking for.

Yeah, that’s still spamming it, we used to be able to HOLD Ctrl+D (or whatever the hotkey is set to) and it would spam itself, the same way it works with other held hotkeys. (like typing, for example, it writes X once, then waits for a sec, then starts spamming X until you let go)

i assume it was a bug, since it didn’t work by holding the UI selection, but it was fixed not too long ago.

Is this what you want?

P.S.: press <Ctrl> + <F> and spam <Enter>

Exactly, would never have figured this out, Thanks.

(so apparently it was really a bug tho, you could hold Ctrl+D itself and it would work just like that)

I think that was completely intentional. It would be quite stupid for them not to support that.

i mean, i do think it’s a good feature, i just think it wasn’t intentional based on the lack of the same behavior from the UI, so i assumed it was just an oversight in disabling the “hold spam” function of hotkeys for that instance.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.