Allow Forum Questions Topics to Stay Open Until Marked as Solved

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to see that topics created in #forum-help:forum-questions automatically get closed after 14 days of inactivity. This makes it difficult for users who may find a solution later on to contribute because the system prevents further responses once the topic is closed.

If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve my experience using the forum because I would be able to respond with helpful information even after the 14-day limit has passed, fostering better collaboration and problem-solving.

4 Likes

After 14 days, it would already be dead unless someone bumps it (which is against forum rules)

Unless there’s an instance where this isn’t true that benefits you?

1 Like

Bumping is not a solution and, yes, it breaks the official rules of the Developer Forum.

The thing is that having topics on #forum-help:forum-questions without any solution and being closed after 14 days is not fair, especially if we were to compare from other subcategories within #help-and-feedback where they remain stable and you can respond at any time without the system “sunsetting” the post. I truly believe that this subcategory (#forum-help:forum-questions) should follow the same methodology.

2 Likes

I believe this system is still in other categories other than forum questions. Forum questions are also normally easy to answer and have one answer, they barely have a reason to stay up past 14 days from the last reply.

This would also benefit trollers.

Have you seen someone not get their (easily answerable) question answered? Or do you have a personal reason this should be added?

1 Like

Nope, this system is not being applied within the other categories rather than this one that we are primarily speaking of… For instance:

As you can see, the post was made months ago and hasn’t been closed after 14 days.

Speaking of the forum questions being easy to respond to, not necessarily they are all simple to answer and not everyone might be able to respond to them… That said, if no one can answer, the topic remains untouched and won’t be able to be resolved until the deadline is over.

Also, regarding “benefiting trollers”, this is something inevitable. Roblox Developer Forum has a system where it prevents from trollers easily making a chaotic scenario, which is the trust level. Now, there’ll be trollers who will still pass through the system to have access and post things that are not allowed from the community guidelines and the rules of the forum, but again, something inevitable and not easy to resolve 100%. However, this can be minimized by simply flagging the topic/reply and it will be reviewed by the forum moderation team. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Thanks for the feedback. What you describe is expected behavior, these topics should be short-lived and we expect a lot of duplication because people hit this category when they’re stuck and need help.

Not interested in changing this for now, but thanks again for weighing in.