Allow Game Invites to join Any Place Instances

Recently, SocialService was added with a few functions for game invites, as can be found here.

As a Roblox developer, it is currently impossible to have players invite friends to join them in a reserved server or a place that’s not the start place of the game.

If Roblox is able to address your issue, how would it improve your game and/or your development experience? Please be as specific as possible.

Having an option to have invited players join specific place instances would help in several ways. It opens up possibilities for

• Advanced Group/Party Systems
  • Allowing friends to join games mid-match
  • Inviting friends to help co-op in a single player campaign
  • Allowing invited players to bypass a title screen

This feature would be widely appreciated.

20 Likes

I thought that for sure they would allow you to join private instances since it’s the closest thing to a party system on Roblox so far. Support!

2 Likes

I’m just going to post here what I posted on the public SocialService post:

2 Likes

I want my game to have multiple worlds that players can join, and I’ve been needing this feature so badly.

Ideally I want my game to have multiple start places that people can join from the games page, but at the very least I would like to enable players following/inviting their friends into a non-start place.

2 Likes

Just wanted to bump this; it’s still impossible to link invites to place instances rather than just random instance of the start place.

I completely agree with this feature request!

Been trying to get this implemented for some time but I’m always told that you should never allow players to join something other than the start place. :roll_eyes:

But maybe we can get this implemented as it’s needed if games with universes are ever going to grow.

1 Like