Allow :GetConnectedWires(pin) to be accessible to non PluginSecurity scripts

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to get the wires that are connected to a audio API instance for purposes like visualization and displaying in UIs.

For example, say that I have a system for connecting audio API instances in the game world. I want to create a system where I can create new audio instances, connect them together, and configure the properties all in the game world.
If I wanted to display visual in game world wires, I would have to keep track of every single wire and what instances they were connected to, and would have to add extra logic specific to just displaying the wires

If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve my development experience because I wouldn’t have to implement my own system to keep track of the wires connected to an object, and it would make it easier to implement a connection system like the one described.

13 Likes

Hey @0Tenth; this will land in version 618, excited to see what y’all build with it!

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.