Allow group games to only be played by a specific rank

The Problem

Currently if you want certain people in your group to be able to test your game without everyone else playing the game you rank them up to Testers, then in the game you’re testing you’ll run some code when they join to see if they’re in the Testers rank; if not then you get kicked.

The main problem with this is that the game you’re game will be noticed by people. By this I mean they’ll see that you have a game that you’re working on.

Why is this a problem? Well in my opinion it’s a problem if you want to do a grand reveal and release with a bang or if you just don’t want people knowing what you’re working on and testing.

The Solution

My solution is similar to the way you set the permissions for roles, you’ll be able to set the permissions for roles regarding your game.

This way you can allow Fans to be able to see the game, but not play and you can let Testers see and play the game.

This is a quality of life feature request, it’s not needed but it’s very much wanted (by me) and would be a nice update to groups to create a more professional atmosphere for groups.

46 Likes