Allow individual explanation text for each object (internal documentation)

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to remember the purpose of each object created within Studio JUST BY ITS NAME, especially in a large project where there are several hundred different objects (ObjectValues, Attributes, etc.).
There are workaround suggestions that are not practical, such as creating a child script of the object containing the description, or even an attribute for this text.
Ideally, there should be an open space like a TextBox for this explanatory text to be stored and easily visible:

If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve my development experience because it will help the entire TeamCreate to be better informed about the project, without having to resort to external tools or long-winded workarounds.

8 Likes

I don’t think this is required.

You can just search up one of these keywords on the official documentation. Plus, I think the help text would take up too much space, and would have to be manually updated. The ClassName text could instead be converted to a link, which when clicked would lead to the official documentation.

I think you misunderstood this request. Not to put the official Roblox documentation on what the object type means; it is for an internal explanation of the application of this specific object within the game. Ex: “this IntValue serves to store 4 position codes: 1=above;2=below;3=left;4=right”.

Right, but how would Roblox know what to put down there if it’s based off your code. You would need to write that yourself, sort of like a tooltip or something.

jeez, I thought what I had written in the Op would be simple to understand… I’m just asking for an open text field, free for the developer to write whatever he wants.