Allow installation of plugins on mobile so I can use them in Studio later

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to install a plugin using a mobile device. As we know, to install a plugin you need a laptop/PC with Roblox Studio installed. Roblox Studio is needed so the plugin could be downloaded and installed right away. Though, I can’t install the plugin on mobile devices, because there is no mobile version of Roblox Studio. I would like at least to download the plugin using a mobile device. Let me clarify, when I buy the plugin, it goes to my inventory and the inventory can show me that I own this plugin. Whenever, I come back to Roblox studio after downloading the plugin on mobile device, the plugin automatically begins to install. That is just my suggestion and engineers can do similar thing their way.

If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve my development experience because it will be much convenient and fast to download the plugins, whenever I temporarily don’t have access to my laptop/PC.

5 Likes

I mean plugin installation works like downloading basically anything these days. You can’t download a file on your phone and expect it to be on your PC when needed without having to transfer the file there.

I think it would be better if one could queue downloads for plugins through the phone. That way you can still get the plugin installed after you turn on studio.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure that’s the intent of the feature request, not actually downloading the plugin to the mobile device.