Allow mobile users to drop equipped tools

As most of you know (if you are familiar with Roblox features on PC), if the game developer chooses to, they can allow a player to drop a tool while they have it equiped. To clarify, I am referencing the player pressing the backspace key, and having the item/tool/gear drop in front of them.

I feel as if mobile players should have the ability to do this. While this may not be a commonly used feature on Roblox as it is, it can be vital for a player to drop items (such as collecting a block, and placing it in a hole in a different location to open a door).

It can be said that the button, if there were to be one (on a mobile device), will take up too much space on the player’s screen. This button could be discreetly placed, such as beside the search bar in the player bag, or near their name tag. Furthermore, it would be more convenient if it only appeared while the player has a tool equipped.

Over half of players are those who play on a tablet or phone. Over half of players do not have the ability to drop tools. This would be a great feature available for those who are players on a hand held device.

unknown-5

Note:

On one occasion, I was able to drop a gear while playing a game. In addition, I do not know the situation Xbox players are in regarding this feature, but it would also be a nice addition for them if it isn’t already.

-DyoxDev

90 Likes

With this new feature, mobile users could finally drop tools. But really, it is impossible to drop tools when you are on mobile. Why isn’t this a thing yet?

5 Likes

I highly support this feature, but…

…in what way could the player drop the tool?

• ContextActionService button?
  • Roblox-made UI button?
  • Swipe action?

Complicated way of choosing.

1 Like

Work at a Pizza Place used a button so people on mobile could drop items.

2 Likes

This feature request is easily workaround-able using ChildAdded events for the Player’s Character aswell as Enabling a button that sets the Tool’s Parent to Workspace and their Handle in front of the Character, if it exists.

Thanks to whoever bumped this, we need to be able to drop items.

Pressing and swiping the tool could be a good idea

1 Like

You’d need to use UserInputService/ContextActionService to define a mobile action that would not normally be used. Pressing and dragging, for example, could occur in building tools (not meant to be rude here). You’d need a action that would NEVER normally happen, and assign that to a drop function.

Upvote on this for sure, I think the idea would be wonderful, I don’t know why they haven’t already added this. :thinking:

2 Likes