Allow plugins to create context menu entries

This would function similar to a plugin creating a toolbar button. You specify entry text, icon, and tooltip text. The entry’s .Click event would pass the highlighted instance(s) as an argument, if any, so the developer could dynamically disable or enable the entry depending on the selection, just like the native options.

All plugin context menu entries would be placed in a single dropdown, to prevent this menu from becoming cluttered or unusable.

Most of the functions of my utility plugin would make more sense as context menu items, as well as some others I use, circled below.

I could turn my Insert Asset plugin into something that feels like a native feature of Studio, as I requested here. I could play a sound through Right Click > Plugins > Play Sound, eliminating the need of creating something hacky like @EchoReaper’s Sound Previewer plugin. And if @Anaminus were to update his plugin, I could set an instance as my current hotswap without the need of a special dialog window.

Overall I think a lot of plugins could be greatly improved or made possible through this feature. It would also reduce the clutter of the plugin menu itself.

1 Like

You might like this thread:

Can I get some feedback on this idea?

This idea was put into our review list. I’ll link the Trello card if it passes internal review.

3 Likes

1 Like

Alrighty guys. Vote! Vote like you’ve never voted before!