Allow Specific Searching

As a Roblox player, it is currently impossible to search for a specific phrase or word in the search bar.

The primary concept behind this idea is that we, as Roblox players, have the ability to narrow our search down to things only containing a specific keyword or clause.

The current system for game searching can be very tedious if you’re looking for a specific game that hasn’t quite gotten attention yet. For instance:

Search Term: Achievement Unlocked

none of these games even include the words Achievement or Unlocked

With this out of the way, here is the system I propose:
With Google we can narrow our searches via placing them in quotation marks.

I think that implementation of a way to specify our searches would be a good idea.

Example

Unspecific Search: Search Term
Specific Search: “Search Term”

74 Likes

Support! It’s incredibly annoying at this time to search for games with more than one word in the title.

8 Likes

This should be included in searching for players.

3 Likes

The current search feature is bad, support.

7 Likes

Support :+1:

4 Likes

Personally I don’t think the current search feature is bad necessarily, but I think it needs more work and a specific search is a step in the right direction.

3 Likes

The current search system is pretty flawed. This includes even searches in the studio toolbox, and even through your own models.
I’d love to see this fixed or improved in any way.

3 Likes

The search feature is broken lol

6 Likes

Once more, I don’t think the search system is entirely broken - I just think it needs some more features.

For instance, you can see the search feature working just fine here:

1 Like

The reason for these results being fairly accurate is simply because few people name their games with “Twisted,” and even fewer are popular. However, with Murder having been the supergenre of the year, there are a slew of high-quality and high-performing games in this category. Thus, these are the games that show up, not anything to do with Twisted. If you were to take out the Twisted altogether, this results would remain fairly the same.

This is one of the few cases that is not hurt by a bad search system, but many other games with two even slightly popular words will be nearly impossible to find via search.

2 Likes

Right, I’m just saying that it can work properly occasionally.

2 Likes

Just type support!

3 Likes

True, as many other have said, it just shows a lot of irrelevant results.
Support still! :smiley:

3 Likes

True - but it’s a popular game.
Also note how it is not in the first spot even though it matches exactly…

I rarely can have trouble searching for users also - although most of the time it works fine. (This could just be me lol)

8 Likes

There’s also the problem of clickbait (normal clickbait or bait-and-switch) games, or other ones, that dedicate 90% of their description to words they believe people will search up (tags) to guarantee their game’s appearance during the search.

5 Likes

Support!

5 Likes

This is still a needed feature. Whether its for finding games, or good assets, this is a heavily needed feature. This can solve so many problems!

4 Likes