Allow the verified checkmark to be disabled in privacy settings

Ever since Roblox added the blue checkmark to my profile, I’ve been getting tons of unwanted attention every time I join public servers. It usually goes something like this:

Who is Preston?
How did you get that verified checkmark?
Omg, PrestonPlayz! (Not me, different Preston)
Is that the guy who made Pet Simulator X?? (Also not me, different Preston)
Is that a developer?

Usually I don’t mind answering these questions, and politely reminding people that many people share the same name, but it happens so often that it makes me wish the checkmark didn’t appear in the chat or player list at all. It would be great if a new setting could be added to the website to control what experiences the checkmark appears in. The options could look something like this:

Profile only
In my experiences
In all experiences

Alternatively, the in experience checkmark could be removed altogether, because I can see how many players would mistakenly think the checkmark signifies developers or staff of the experience they’re currently playing, which is rarely the case. However, I think options would be more accommodating for people with the checkmark that want to keep it.

20 Likes

The checkmark is like social media checkmark, unless social medias do that, ROBLOX wouldn’t, they might if they see youtubers quitting over the checkmark, like kreekcraft for example

3 Likes

I understand its purpose on the website, but when playing random games, there’s zero reason that I should stand out. Like I said, in my own experiences is one thing, but there’s already a hammer icon in the player list for that. Having a checkmark in chat in every single experience is just too obtrusive.

2 Likes

You might want to use alt account before roblox ever listen to someones suggestion…

1 Like

Bump because this is still a problem I’m experiencing daily. The in-experience checkmark desperately needs visibility options, because for me it has been a burden that deters me from playing Roblox at all. I am struggling to understand the purpose of the in-game checkmark in the first place. The games I play have nothing to do with me as a developer and I don’t need the attention in them. It’s always unwanted, and has at times been hurtful.

3 Likes

One of my friends got harassed so badly over having the Verified badge he resorted to just getting rid of it entirely. The badge is flawed; people don’t need to have it on at all times. It just leads to others harassing people they wouldn’t otherwise notice.

2 Likes

Why to people care so much about a blue pixel? Man people like that are so down bad…

Completely agree. I only play on my alt now because of the harassment.