Allow to clear Command Bar history

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to interact with Command Bar, once Studio keeps its history even when closing Studio. Due to the auto-complete feature, since history is not cleared, every time I start typing something, it brings a random history.

Please, use the same Ctrl+K, which is the same shortcut to clear the Output window.

If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve my development experience because it will stop causing confusion and unnecessary work when typing inside Command Bar.

24 Likes

Recommend retitling this thread to something else, it’s very unclear what “Clear command bar” means; do you mean to clear all text out of the bar, clear history, or make history less obstructive? I don’t want to clear my command bar history most of the time; I use this history fairly often between Studio sessions.

I would much rather be able to press ESC on my keyboard to banish history autocompleting my text. An example of how this effects me is below; if I have history that matches something I’m typing but I want intellisense to suggest to me other functions I can call on an object instead of the one in history, there is no way to get rid of the autofill temporarily so I can still use intellisense in these cases, and I end up just going to the devhub in my browser to find the function I need.

3 Likes

Fixed the title.
My suggestion is to have an option to clear the command bar history, in the same way that you can clear the Output Window, using Ctrl+K.

3 Likes

This feature request is almost 1 year old and nothing has been done so far.
It is currently very difficult to work with old histories in Command Bar, which get mixed up in random orders.
It is very important to be able to clear this history.

It’s a very simple thing to do!
What are you waiting for?

8 Likes

Bumping this, I agree that it’d most likely be an extremely easy fix/addition to the next Studio update.

4 Likes

Agree, would be really useful and easy to add

2 Likes

It would also be quite useful if Roblox also allowed us to disable the Command Bar history in Studio Settings entirely since I personally never use it.

1 Like

I also didn’t know that command history cannot be cleared. and used it for the first (and last) time as an interactive console just to pick up the regexp parameters. Sadness

Really the only way to clear the command bar history is through the Registry Editor if you are using Windows. Which is really not something you should mess with, especially if you are not comfortable using it. I cannot say for mac as I do not use one but seriously we should be allowed to clear command bar history.