Allow to convert object types in Explorer window

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to convert an object type created in the Explorer window.

For example, suppose I created 50 TextLabels during the creation of my project. I set all internal properties (position, size, color, transparency, etc). Later, I realize that the correct thing would be that all these 50 objects were actually ImageLabels.

Currently, I am required to recreate ALL 50 items and retype all properties one by one. This means HUNDREDS (or thousands) of manual interventions, just because the type was correct.

I understand that converting an object from one type to another, results in some properties’ loss (or surplus). But let’s face it, 90% (or more) of the properties are the same (as I mentioned above).

Many software currently does this (letting the user know that some properties will eventually be lost).

If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve my development experience because MUCH WORK WILL BE AVOIDED.

7 Likes

I got some pm suggesting this plugin:
https://www.roblox.com/library/2867765019/Reclass-free-intelligent-class-conversion
As this plugin works well and because I know this would be a huge development demand on the part of the Roblox team, I will consider this topic closed.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.