Allow to mark posts as unread

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to leave pending posts for later reading, if they have already been opened once.

Many times I just want to check what’s new on the forum, but I want to be able to read them again later, when I have more time.

But once clicked for the first time, I am forced to remember from memory, since I have no way to revert the status to unread.

Currently, the number of unread posts is shown:

… and when clicked, unread posts are highlighted:

It would be important to have some button to mark as unread, as they exist in all e-mail readers nowadays.

If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve my experience using the forum because this allows me to query unread posts and then mark them as unread again for later reference.

5 Likes

I agree and I think this would be a useful feature that I would use.

I want to throw this out as an existing workaround. If all you need is a reminder to check on a post, you can set a bookmark with a reminder.

The drawback is that you need to un-bookmark it later if you don’t want clutter in your bookmarks list.

2 Likes

You already can, just turn on “Enable defer to mark topics unread”

and press the “Defer” button and you’re done!

4 Likes

That’s perfect. Thank you!

Just to make it easier for anyone with the same need, here are the steps to activate this function:

Then you’ll get:

3 Likes

Will deft stop putting the topic in Unread?

It will make the topic unread, however, when you go in, it becomes read, and you can do this infinite times

Okay, so basically like the Unread Tab?

yes, discourse have that feature but that’s a toggleable feature

So it’s basically useless for me? Like I can simply go in Unread and it’ll take it out automatically

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.