Allow to reset the orientation of a part to 0,0,0 and keep the object at its current rotation

As a Roblox developer, it is currently IMPOSSIBLE to reset an object’s orientation.

My script is based on the current object orientation.
For example, Orientation.Y = 0 is pointing to the “east”, Orientation.Y = -90 is pointing to “south”, and so on…

Sometimes I have a huge work drawing an object and then realize that the orientation was wrong. Then, I have to change the orientation in Blender, export again, import again in Studio, etc…

And, if the object was created inside Studio, I can’t do anything!

(Blender has an “Apply” option for this).

If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve my development experience because this will reduce a lot of work in other applications, unnecessary exports, and imports (and solve an impossible problem if the object was created inside Studio).

31 Likes

We really need a fix for this, I’m having to specifically note “if the object being rotated happens to be THIS PARTICULAR one, swap these co-ords around” when rotating… it’s ludicrous. We need, in Roblox Studio, a way of resetting all a model’s orientations and pivots so they’re all 0,0,0 natural.