Allow us to control the global Luau lints

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to globally enable or disable a Luau analysis check, you can do this per script using --!nolint ANALYSIS_CHECK, however this cant enable lints, nor can we disable/enable globally.

Externally, the analysis CLI supports loading of a .luaurc file, which allows us control with lints are enabled or disabled. Commonly, this includes FunctionUnused.

However, we cant enable this in Roblox, since Roblox disables the FunctionUnused lint through a list of numbers in an FString. While the FString can be modified, its not a clean process, and it would be nicer to have this as a setting directly inside Studio.

If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve my development experience because I could disable or enable lints globally across Studio instead of having to manually disable them per script

1 Like

We are exploring the ways we can make this available.

Can’t provide a timeline, but we want something more configurable than one global setting. For example if you bring a library in that is not clean wrt your preferred settings, it should have a way to specify its own.

1 Like

So interesting discovery I just made, if you have internal mode enabled and create a StringValue called .robloxrc under a script or Folder, it provides those scripts custom linting controls

Surely this cant be too hard to enable in non-internal Studio? (maybe either .luaurc or a custom instance)

2 Likes