Allow us to kick ourselves from a game on the website

As a Roblox player, it is currently impossible to join a server after you get disconnected if the server never realises you’ve left

This can happen, for example, if:

• The client is disconnected but never gets a chance to tell the server
  • The server crashes

When this happens, you cannot rejoin the same server or game instance, as your player becomes stuck in a limbo state on the server.

One way to fix this is to add a button to Settings which allows me to kick myself from the game server, to release my player from this limbo state.

This fixes itself after 20 minutes when Roblox realises the client has not responded, however, this is inconvenient because a lot can change in 20 minutes.

If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve my playing experience because I would be able to jump back into the same server if the server didn’t realise I disconnected.

24 Likes

This is likely to prevent abuse, like people quickly switching between game servers to abuse flaws in datastore/trading systems or using a bot account in multiple games at the same time with hacked clients.

This is yet another example of a feature request that focuses on a specific proposed solution instead of the core problem. Your problem is not that you can’t kick yourself out of a game, your problem is that the matchmaking system is flaky and sometimes thinks you are in a game when you are not. You should retitle your post as such.

They should address that problem by e.g. reducing the time the system needs to reach a consistent state for a player. Nobody actually wants to find a button they need to click every time the server crashes or their client disconnects improperly.

7 Likes