Allow us to see or find non-selling items

I loved to use the user Roblox to go through its inventory to see what new items we’re released. Next to that I also used this method in order to look for hats and faces the normal catalog can’t find for character customization. This would also includes faces, heads and gear.

I know Roblox’ inventory has been made hidden to hide new items that shouldn’t be shown to public, but that also removed the method said above.

Trying to use the catalog to find certain items only give us items that are currently being sold / limited. All off-sale items are not shown, and there’s no way to find them now.

Can there please be an option to find items that have been made off-sale? Perhaps include them in a normal catalog search and place them in the back, or a new option in the library to look and use these items.

2 Likes

Or alternatively, make the inventory visible.

If they need to upload the hats onto Roblox for testing purposes, have an alternate account with its profile/ inventory hidden from the public.

I constantly find myself looking in Roblox’s inventory, and forgetting that it isn’t visible anymore.
I don’t see the point.

Roblox’s inventory being hidden isn’t the problem. The problem is that going to a profile page, scrolling down, then clicking through pages of hats is more user-friendly than the dedicated catalog portion of the site. The catalog should be streamlined to a point where it makes more sense to go there than it does to go to roblox’s profile page.

Step 1 would be getting rid of the almost-bu-not-quite stagnant featured items page. It should showcase bestselling items at the top and new items at the bottom, and it shouldn’t show bestselling items that you already own. Next step should be throwing out those weird hover menus. They don’t even work right half the time and they just hide features behind an unnecessary curtain. The buttons should be out in the open so they can be clicked easily and quickly. That’s what I think anyway.

[quote] Roblox’s inventory being hidden isn’t the problem. [size=4]The problem is that going to a profile page, scrolling down, then clicking through pages of hats is more user-friendly than the dedicated catalog portion of the site[/size]. The catalog should be streamlined to a point where it makes more sense to go there than it does to go to roblox’s profile page.
[/quote]

Holy crap, that is an incredible point you couldn’t have put any better.

[quote]
Step 1 would be getting rid of the almost-bu-not-quite stagnant featured items page. It should showcase bestselling items at the top and new items at the bottom, and it shouldn’t show bestselling items that you already own. Next step should be throwing out those weird hover menus. They don’t even work right half the time and they just hide features behind an unnecessary curtain. The buttons should be out in the open so they can be clicked easily and quickly. That’s what I think anyway. [/quote]

YES

I can’t tell you just how ANNOYING it is to search for hats. Just thinking about it enrages me.

You have to click catalog, hover over virtually all of the options on the left, because “Clothing” isn’t what I necessarily think when I think “hats”. My mind is on “featured” and whatnot. Then you hover over, have to navigate to “Hats” without overshooting/ accidentally closing the hover menu.

The menu doesn’t even open immediately; it takes a second to open, and by then you’ve clicked it because you thought it was a click-through menu, and now you’re being taken to a NEW GOD DAMN PAGE THAT DOESN’T HELP AT ALL.

I can’t think of anything worse than this “Browse by Category” nightmare of a navigation panel.

It ALSO doesn’t help that the “Library” for searching models has been put behind several clicks and a few incredibly laggy pages. (Developer; although I love this tab it’s a pain getting through)