Allow us to toggle built-in plugins

As a developer, my Plugins tab is filled with plugins essential to my workflow, but it is now cluttered with 5 built-in plugins that I can’t hide.

I don’t use any of these and would like to hide them. However, the only way to do so is to remove them from the BuiltInPlugins folder in appdata, which is inconvenient.

I would like the ability to toggle these plugins from inside Studio, perhaps in the plugin manager. If this issue were addressed, I could fit more plugins that I actually use while keeping the ribbon free of visual clutter.

23 Likes

The plugins tab overall needs to allow us to sort our plugins so that we can have a bunch without it getting cluttered. imo plugins should be treated like apps on a mobile home screen. Put em front and center when installed, but let us shove it in a plugin drawer if we only use it for rare specific purpose. This is downloadable extensions 101. Let the user sort the stuff they installed.

4 Likes

In my opinion a good solution would be custom toolbar tabs that you can customize however you like. Would make development so much easier since then you could have only the tools and plugins you need, nothing else.

2 Likes