Allow users to customize hair color to their liking

But you would not own the fuchsia color and thus can not change it to pink; the existing fuchsia item would become a color variation item of a hairstyle mesh. Only if you own the pink color can you apply it to that mesh.

Then that becomes, as I said, a paywall. Roblox would have to manually update all 5000+ items that theyā€™ve made to exclude some colours, colours that are close to it (for example, if they block off pink, i can just get the nearest rgb value to the value blocked, and itā€™ll still look very similar, probably would blend in)

Unless they regulate what colors you can pick as items instead of giving total freedom to users in RGB values with a blacklist.

Roblox could grant those who owned one of the limited hairs before the change the beautiful hair, same for all other hairs so that they could color that pink and keep their appearance.

1 Like

If weā€™re talking about compensation, so that thereā€™s only one beautiful hair mesh, roblox would lose over $402,438.02 alone on a single beautiful hair, to pay back in robux to the community. Surely thats a bad idea?

1 Like

I donā€™t think that is the case, some of those who own the limited hair could also already own the default hair and if they didnā€™t do any compensation then they might not ever end up buying the default in the first place anyway.

1 Like

The idea itself isnā€™t bad, itā€™s good to allow creativity by being free to customize your avatar without limitations.

However, with the above said, this isnā€™t something which can be implemented at this time - or any time in the near future - due to how established the catalog items are.

Roblox would love to do a lot of cool and creative things for their users however, sadly some of those ideas canā€™t be implemented as easily or not at all without changing majority of the platform itself.

So yes, itā€™s a cool idea to be able to have fancy crazy hair colours to express your individuality however, it simply isnā€™t something which can be implemented without needing to change a majority of the catalog and as other users have mentioned, losing value within the economy, etc.

1 Like

I think you guys need to focus on the bigger picture rather than smaller requests that create other issues.

Robloxā€™s vision is UGC, theyā€™ve talked about a UGC catelog, letā€™s just advocate for that.

4 Likes

I do not agree with this at all. While the idea itself is good, itā€™s just too controversial and would make other textures of hair pointless. And it isnā€™t that hard to find a suitable colour if certain clothing were to be made specifically FOR that item. At least the colour scheme, anyway. Besides, UGC is coming soon, so this wouldnā€™t even be needed.

2 Likes

They keep talking about Roblox doing stuff when UGC is coming outā€¦
Iā€™m building my own catalogā€¦ and Iā€™m already on the grind :muscle::triumph:

Pull up on my block like Hey Arnold

6 Likes

100% Agree with you! We have an Afro (interestingā€¦),Trek hair, and bed hair. Thereā€™s not a lot of diversity. Where are the corn rolls, waves, etc.?

I think that could be a great addition for future hats, but as Younite was sort of getting at I think its a bad idea for current hats.

1 Like

This is a great idea, it could interfere with current hats but we can always make it work.
:slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.