Allow using API Services in team create places you don't own (currently 502: API Services rejected)

Issue: When attempting to use DataStore:GetAsync() or DataStore:SetAsync() in team create Test In Window or Local Server in a place not owned by you, rather than functioning as expected it errors instead:

Repro steps:
Create a place
Enable Studio Access to API Servies on that place/game
Enable team create and add another account to its access list
Enter team create on that place with the account you added and use GetAsync or SetAsync in a script. E.g.:

local Store = DS:GetDataStore("Test")
print(Store:GetAsync(1))
Store:SetAsync(1, "Test")

Enter Test In Window or Local Server
Instead of printing the value of key 1 and then setting key 1, it errors on GetAsync.

14 Likes

Team Create access does not give you permissions for Data Stores, Server-Side Dev Console, Configuring Game/Place, etc.

We are working on a solution for this.

10 Likes

Its been 2 months now. Could you give me an expected date if thats possible?

1 Like

We are still working on solutions for this. Our current solution may not cover every use case. Thanks for being patient.

5 Likes

Still an issue. How is the fixing going?

4 Likes

I’d just like to say this is still an issue, and one I’d love to see resolved.

3 Likes

Just wondering how much longer will it take.

3 Likes

This is still an issue. It is quite annoying as I am trying to work in a team create studio.

3 Likes

When is this going to be resolved? I’m experiencing trouble with this and I’d like to have access to data stores when I’m a member of a TC server.

4 Likes

So team create is effectively limited to places that don’t use datastores?! OOOF.

Team create still works fine if it’s a group game

1 Like

Well, that’d work for me if I could make one of my games a “group” game, but I can’t do that?
Can the roblox devs help with that?

There is currently no way to transfer an existing game to a group game or any indication that roblox will provide us one. If you need to use team create, it’s probably better to just open a new group game and upload it there and cut your losses

1 Like

Kinda sucks when Group Game Team Create places take an infinite time to load.

can this be resolved its still a game test breaking bug

3 Likes

I hope that this issue gets resolved :confused: it’s getting annoying slowly because I have to get the save files and publish them as my own to be able to write anything related to data stores

3 Likes

Any updates on this? This is an extremely annoying “feature” that is making development quite frankly a pain and is killing the drive to finish any projects for a group game

4 Likes