Allowing players to make meshes within Studio

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to make high quality meshes, there are other apps for it, but I feel like Roblox would be able to make a much better way to create meshes.

If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve my development experience because I would be able to build some things I normally couldn’t just using Roblox Studios. It would make it easier and quicker to make small items, such as a realistic plant. It would help me make builds a lot easier and it would allow me to make much better small objects.

Unions/CSG already exists as a feature which can delete small portions of parts, but allowing something similar to blender would allow for more shapes in your builds that roblox hasn’t already provided, also having this tool would allow developers to make objects quicker, as making something detailed such as a custom egg would be very hard just with unions. This would allow for more elaborate decorations and higher quality meshes and possibly fan events that give permanent-in-game hats in the future.

7 Likes

I had this feature request in mind but I never thought of actually making it. So thanks for being the one make it.

I am pretty new to blender but I am better at building in roblox studio than modeling in blender. Blender has a neat feature where you can model based on a reference image:

From there you can just fill in the image.

In studio the only way to do this is by making a big, wide, transparent part, then slapping a reference image decal on top of it. Then you would build on top of that. But you’re building on top of the part. In blender you model in the middle.

The cylinder being in the middle is great because it means I don’t have to worry about aligning it with the other parts. Unfortunately in studio this is hard to replicate.

4 Likes