Simple Todo List | A free, simple and Modern to use Todo List plugin for Roblox Studio!

Hello developers!

Over the last 2 days I have been working on a simple todo list plugin to help keep track of what needs to be done directly in each place in studio!

This has been created to easily keep track on what has to be done for you and if team create is enabled and the other devs are in the same place they can also see what has to be done on the todo lists of that place if they have this plugin installed!

NOTICE: This plugin is in it’s ALPHA release build stage and is FAR from completion so I shall state what is planned to be added currently later in this post, if something you feel should be added isn’t in the list, feel free to suggest it in the replies of this post!

Here is a look some of the UI of this plugin:

• The smallest the plugin can be with some todo lists and todo tasks

• Larger scaled UI with a todo task “expanded”

• Todo Task Creation Page (Planned for a overhaul)

• Todo Task Editing Page (Planned for a overhaul)

• Todo List Creation Page (Planned for a overhaul.)

• Todo List Editing Page (Planned for a overhaul)

Planned features:

• Settings Page

1. This will at least allow you to create custom priorities for your “Todo Tasks” in your lists.

1. A method of customizing the colors of the default hard-coded Priority tasks could also be implemented with this system!

• Task Labels

1. These will allow for you to create a nice “tag” below the todo task’s title, this could be used to remind what update something is to be done for!

1. Filtering to only show certain todo tasks with specific labels will also be implemented with this system to allow for easy tracking on what has to be done, once again this will be a major help for those who will use Task Labels to determine what update a task has to be done by!

• Overhaul to the “Editing” UI to be a separate widget.
  1. This change will likely be implemented in the same update as the Settings Menu, the current “Editing” UI is majorly crammed and will receive a overhaul (hopefully) soon.

1. The “Info” UI will likely receive the same treatment and be overhauled to be more in-depth about the plugins details and include a possible tutorial on how the plugin works.

• A way to set lines of a script to a Todo Task to quickly open a script at that line!

1. This is pretty simple, you can open a script and set a line of code for a Todo Task and then that Todo Task will now have a button below the priority to open that script at that line of code!

Here’s a link to the plugin if you are interested in using it:

If you find any bugs for the plugin, reply to this post reporting them and I will attempt to fix them ASAP!

This is also my first plugin so feedback on how to improve will also be appreciated!

I will 100% be updating this post to inform when updates happen to the plugin and inform about what has been added, changed and fixed.

Recent Updates:

Thank you for reading, Zonix.

5 Likes

this is basically my plugin but wayy better

2 Likes

I’ve had the idea for this plugin for a few months now but never got around to doing it, recently I’ve had more time on my hands and decided to get it started.

I managed to get this Stable ALPHA build done faster than I expected so I just released it! :smile:

I also appreciate the praise on this plugin! :pray:

1 Like

Ah, at least I do not have to forget with this plugin! I keep forgetting what to do after I go onto the studio and question, but this plugin will get me back on track!

1 Like

The GUI is a little rough. It’s hard to read and there are so many colors. Maybe use pastels, make the background darker, and make the text that isn’t white to white. The functionality is great. You can improve but it’s a great start!

3 Likes

The colors are implemented to easily tell what priority is what, all though I shall update the post to include on the “Custom Priorities” section that you could be capable of changing the color of the default hard-coded priorities?

The text also gets made lighter/darker if the Priority color is “brighter” than 200 (HSV value V)

Thank you for the feedback, I will take note of the feedback given here! :+1:

1 Like

This is so useful. Thanks! This will really work because i keep forgetting stuff when i enter roblox studio :sad:

1 Like

Version 0.8.2 [ALPHA Release] has been released!

This update only included the following 2 bug fixes:

• Deleting Task Lists would not automatically update the UI.
  • Scaling of the “Info” page UI wouldn’t work as intended when changing the scale of the plugin!

If any bugs are found please report them to this post!

Thank you for reading, Zonix.