Alt Text for Experience Thumbnails

It’s amazing to see another step towards accessibility for both users who are visually impaired and people who might not understand English as well. Thanks for this amazing update and I hope that people will use it en masse!

5 Likes

Good job with accessibility updates!
I do have a few questions though:

• How will this integrate with the mobile app?
  • Will a feature like this also come to advertisements?
5 Likes

Great update! I have a quick question though. Will this be used as a way when searching for games as well?

Like searching for “Survive” and since one of the game’s thumbnail says Survive, then the game will appear. (If it was mentioned in the original post my apologies since I didn’t find it)

5 Likes

This is a really great update in terms of accessibility! It’s awesome to know that Roblox is focusing on making games more accessible to a wider audience. While I don’t have any disabilities myself, I know some of my friends who do who can’t enjoy games as much as they would

This is a bright step in the future and I hope we receive more accessibility updates like this so us developers can make our games more accessible in the future!

2 Likes

This new update is really amazing i appreciate it too much good job.

Good update we can name our thumbnail.

Will be showed in console in phones?

Anyways this is good thanks for this news.

3 Likes

so if it shows when you hover your mouse over the thumbnail, it shows up the alt text, then how can it show up in mobile?

1 Like

A neat update I can see this being used for like events instead of putting an in-game name.

1 Like

This is pretty neat!

Will there be customizable options in the future? Such as changing the rotation, size, positioning and the font of your text if that’s already not an option? I can’t quite tell how customizable this is currently since it looks like it does everything automatically but being able to manipulate the text to our preference would be a neat feature!

2 Likes

This seems to be only available on the old thumbnail page, not the new one, any timeline until it is added to the newer updated creator dashboard?

5 Likes

those example thumbnails are beautiful.

2 Likes

This update is an incredible win for both localization and accessibility! Also love the updates to the article guides, they are extremely helpful!

1 Like

IMO this would be a lot more useful if the text filtering system isn’t so horrible but we’ll see

2 Likes

This feature is really great for localization, and people can actually see what your thumbnails are trying to promote, and another way to give information to the player.

10/10 :happy4:

2 Likes

I SEE A GOOD UPDATE IN ROBLOX’S HANDS
This update is AMAZING. Except can we change the font

2 Likes

That’d be cool if this text would show as a caption below a thumbnail when on a game’s page, because that’d be neat to have.

Or as a hover-over caption like this

6 Likes

Pretty good feature, will this feature also come to icons? We may add some tags like NEW or UPDATE maybe?

1 Like

Web technology has had support for this for ages. Why is this only coming to Roblox now?

1 Like

I hope not. If so, it will just be used to spam keywords, but in a hidden way that does not immediately mark the developer as desperate and the game as trash the way doing it in the description field would.

2 Likes

This feature is good, nothing to say about how useful it can be, the only thing is that it was done without sense, it was done in the old developing page and not in the new create.roblox.com (which will soon replace the old page) :face_with_spiral_eyes:
Literally no point in doing that.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.