Alternative to :AdvanceToNextPage() since it has a very long cooldown for my game

1. What do you want to achieve? Keep it simple and clear!
    I want to see if there is a way to not use :AdvanceToNextPage() whilst alliterating through datastore keys or an alternative

2. What is the issue? Include screenshots / videos if possible!
    Cooldown and errors bc of :AdvanceToNextPage()

3. What solutions have you tried so far? Did you look for solutions on the Developer Hub?
    i have looked all over the DevForum

1 Like

instead of looking for alternatives, you should instead address why you need to use it a lot. 97% of the time, there will be a better solution for your use case than AdvanceToNextPage.

What are you trying to use it for, with a good amount of detail?

1 Like

I’m making a way for players to search up other players that have joined the game before, but I cannot achieve it because AdvanceToNextPage errors within a span of a couple of seconds.

You should probably still make use of AdvanceToNextPage (assuming you get looots of players), and instead have a bunch of arrays stored in datastores, containing user Ids. whenever a player joins who doesn’t have data, add their ID to one of the arrays.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.