Alternative to sending messages to discord

You can write your topic however you want, but you need to answer these questions:

1. What do you want to achieve? Since I am now not able to send messages to from roblox to discord using HttpService, I want to find another website or platform I can send messages to from roblox games.

2. What is the issue? If you tried sending a message from roblox to discord it will give you an error along the lines of Error 403 HTTPS Forbidden and I have researched and found out I wasn’t able to send messages from roblox to discord

3. What solutions have you tried so far? I have tried using different API’s but they don’t work in roblox itself and they only work in studio, so my main goal is to find a different place to send messages from roblox to. I have tried using Trello but it isn’t really reliable since most of the time messages aren’t sent.

So if there is any other source I could use (Not a Discord API) then please let me know.

local HttpService = game:GetService("HttpService")

local URL = "[insert link]"

You could use Guilded, it’s pretty similar to Discord and supports webhooks: documentation
It works the same as Discord as far as I know

local HttpService = game:GetService("HttpService")
local Webhook = "https://media.guilded.gg/webhooks/{webhookId}/{webhookToken}"
local Data = {
	["content"] = "Hey, test webhook!",
	["embeds"] = {{
		["title"] = "Test embed title",
		["description"] = "basic description",
		["color"] = "GREEN",
		["fields"] = {
			{
				["name"] = "field 1",
				["value"] = "anything",
				["inline"] = true
			},
			{
				["name"] = "field 2",
				["value"] = "nothing",
				["inline"] = false
			}
		}
	}}
}

local JSONData = HttpService:JSONEncode(Data)

HttpService:PostAsync(Webhook, JSONData)

Also make sure you have HTTP Requests allowed in Game Settings > Security

Some documentation: Incoming Webhooks; Send webhook requests from Roblox; Send embeds from Roblox; HTTP Error codes

I hope it could help you!

4 Likes

It works, but sadly it also means I’ll be using a discord clone :confused:

thanks anyway for your help!

1 Like