Alternatives to Roblox Grass Texture?

Hi, I’m currently working on a large map and I’m hoping to get the terrain to look somewhat like this image,

However most of the solutions I’ve tried don’t really work too well, Roblox’s default grass looks ugly and wouldn’t fit the realism I want, and downloading satellite imagery creates too low resolution when you are up close. So far the 2 best solutions I’ve found are using Roblox terrain, although it limits me to only 2 textures, or texturing parts.
Textured parts look the best, but I’m seeing heavy z fighting, and to fix it I’d have to raise parts up by 3-4 studs
g
Picture of the z fighting
I’m also concerned about lag issues if I import several hundred different textures to do the map, and the time it would take to individually texture unique bald spots, dirt patches, roads, gravel, etc.
My second option is terrain, which is much quicker and easier to make and allows me to do the same things stated above much easier, but the results look a lot worse, and I’m limited to only doing large details. Combinations of the 2 also look really off, for example:

Any Ideas on a better way to do this?
Thanks,

how about you use parts instead of terrain

You can alternate between grass, ground, leafy grass, and mud with the materials matching the colors of the terrain there. You can easily make that gradient with a colormap.

However, if you’re looking at a satellite’s perspective the terrain color’s are noticeably different but if you’re a person on the ground you wouldn’t even notice the change of the terrain’s color.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s my main issue, I have to balance the looks on the ground and above the ground as well, which is where most of the problems occur. Otherwise I would have just used Terrain