Am confused about PolicyService what is it? Would I need to use it in my game because it have in-game currency that is bought by robux?

Hello!

I am making a game where you have in-game currency “Coins”. You can buy Coins for Robux or earn them by playing the game. I have a feature where you can buy pets for eg. 15 Coins then you will get a random pet by a chance. You can delete your pets in the invetory and in other updates maybe even trade them. Is that allowed?
I heard about the PaidRandomItems but I am confused and I dont know what it means. Please tell me.

Thanks for every reply bye!

It helps make sure your game is still allowed, because some countries have stricter laws. For example, some countries cut off all social media, so your roblox game should do that too for that user only.

how i tell in the post i read it but am confused about it can you please explan by some easy way to me is it allowed or what to do?

I honestly don’t care about PolicyService. It’s not worth letting users play if they can’t buy anything. But since you care,

Your game has a random item generator that is activated via coins, which is purchased via robux. This is one of the rules you can get from the user:

You get a table of rules using PolicyService:GetPolicyInfoForPlayerAsync().

This rule applies if your game has trading of items:

so i need to disable the pet system for players that have it disabled by the PolicyService?

If you’re new to scripting, don’t worry about it. It would be better if you focused on making your game! I saw a topic somewhere about this, and it seemed nobody really cared about using PolicyService. There were only a handful of people who complied with it.

can you get banned for it or anything?

For not using it? Probably not. The worst thing that can happen is that the country in question prevents users from playing the game. Too bad! (they can’t spend money anyway)

and one question do you think some popular games like PSX use it?

and one question do you think some popular games like PSX use it?

Yes, they probably do. I live in the US, so I can’t confirm.

Nobody knows unless the developer of PSX confirms it. However, what we do know is that this API is not forced and is up to the discretion of the developer to add it to their game or not. That should put your mind at ease as they will not ban you for not using it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.