Am I allowed to add QR codes to my game?

So I am trying to make a game very similar to a television show, however, I do have a problem. Am I allowed to do the following thing: (?)

Yes, I did scan it on my phone and it looks like it sends you to this link:
https://www.google.com/search?q=LINKERS

I know this can’t be done easily, and I think it can’t be done at all, but what if I change the code to make it like it can’t be scanned?

2 Likes

I don’t think you would be able to scan QR Codes from blocks u could just space them out or do something with it. But I’m pretty sure roblox doesn’t allow you to use QR Codes cause they can take you to suspicious links and bad links.

You sure? I got 3 models:

I’m pretty sure you can scan any QR codes as long as your device recognises it as a QR code.

Hello.
I sadly have to break it to you that Roblox doesn’t allow QR codes. Just cause a model gets approved doesn’t mean anything, as the Moderators know a player can’t scan a QR Model and suspect it to take them somewhere. It’s just a model. Compared to a decal they will most likely be moderated.

In all honesty if QR codes was allowed, I would have seen it in multiple games by now. Out of all the years I’ve been playing Roblox I know that this is not something you can just create.

Roblox does have a Offsite link rule that states they are not allowed, as QR codes would obviously apply to this. The only offsite links roblox allows are:

• Twitter

• Discord

Not to mention there is social links, these were added by Roblox and are the only offsite links that can be used.

Conclusion

Therefore QR codes are not allowed on Roblox, models are a different story since they are just models and won’t work as a QR code, but if it was a Thumbnail picture within the QR model it would get removed.

Sincerley

StompyDonut
:roblox: Roblox Beta Tester :roblox:

2 Likes

Can I contact staff and let them know about this?

Hello.

Yes you may. They should reply within 24 hours.

Contact Options

Developer Relations - Devrelations@roblox.com

Roblox Support - www.Roblox.com/support

Sincerely

StompyDonut

1 Like

Not true. The only offsite links allowed outside of social links are:

• Youtube
  • Twitter
  • Twitch

also potentially facebook but I don’t think so.

Discord and Facebook are definitely allowed in social links, but otherwise they are filtered.

They’ll work just fine as a QR code at the right angle. I don’t want to scan them out of fear of the websites they might lead me to, but they’ll definitely scan.

QR Codes are allowed (they were used in Egg Hunt 2019 for one of the games I believe (think it was HACKR) however to be safe, I would recommend linking only to a Twitter/YouTube/Twitch/DevForum link.

Actually it might not be allowed considering it was created in house at Roblox HQ which I never realised

https://www.roblox.com/games/1621830280/HACKR

Yeah yeah, I got everything. What I need to do now is to change the QR code, since the original one has just text in it, but it’s not allowed to. I guess I’ll make it a YouTube video link, for easter eggs. Here’s proof that (somehow) it works: (ignore noisy background)

2 Likes

Hello.
Yes they are allowed but I meant the ones that usually accepts links.

If you were to post a YouTube link, you’ll get warned for it. I’ve done it before, and got warned for posting a YouTube link. Telling me to use the Social Tabs to share my YouTube instead.

Sincerley

-StompyDonut

Interesting, I have never gotten warned for something like this.

1 Like

I think it usually depends, mostly if someone reports you for it. As it was probably a couple days later I got warned which makes me think someone reported me.