Am I allowed to prevent Premium members from playing my game (due to premium payouts)?

I don’t want to generate any Robux from my game through Premium Payouts.

Would it be allowed to kick players with premium from my game or would this be seen as discrimination?

1 Like

I would consider it discrimination since only non-premium players could play when many specifically pay for premium for the extra benefits. I don’t fully understand why you would want to disable it since a large majority of players have premium. This would significantly decrease your like ratio, amount of sales, concurrent players, and you may even receive backlash. I would definitely encourage you not to do so as in my opinion it is considered discrimination and would potentially lead to your game failing. If you still want to after reading others opinions, I’m pretty sure it is not against the rules.

Roblox has previously had Builders Club only games which was the membership before Premium. They got rid of that though so I’m not sure.

1 Like

Trade hangout is a premium only game. I would just recommend not making a non-premium only game as it would just create a downfall for your game and you are almost certain to receive backlash from players. This would likely give you a bad reputation and in the end I don’t think it’s worth it just to avoid premium payouts. A workaround is to just donate to groups that are in need of funds. This would solve your problem and potentially help a studio.

I’m aware of all the points you’ve raised thus but you’re not really answering my question from a rule point of view. Trade hangout is the reason I raise this question. They have a game which is premium restricted. If this is allowed, certainly non-premium games would be allowed as well?

Yes, non-premium games would be allowed since premium-only games are allowed.

As I have said multiple times, I really encourage you not to. The workaround I provided would be better than choosing to make a non-premium only game as it will benefit yourself, your game, and the studio donated too.

You may be moderated for discrimination by socioeconomic status.

Either way, it’s not a feature. I’ve requested it, we’ll see from there.

5 Likes

Well also the people that buy premium are way more likely to buy game passes than non-premium

1 Like