Am I allowed to reference a "drug deal" of sorts?

TL:DR Would using a “illegal deal gone wrong” scene as both a tutorial/a storyline starter in a shooter game be allowed?

To add to the detail, I was thinking the 2 parties would exchange 3 bloxy cola bottles for a briefcase of money. Notoriety has been using bloxy cola as an alternative to the similarily-named plant, but in a different context compared to my use case

The things being exchanged doesn’t really change the storyline by much so they can be changed to something similar to a stolen painting for a briefcase of money

But I am asking if the basic idea (a hollywood-style deal gone wrong) would be allowed on roblox

1 Like

Well. I wouldn’t, its Roblox moderation.

2 Likes

Be more specific. An ‘illegal deal’ could mean anything. It could mean the sales of narcotics, weapons, even state secrets. To be on the safe side, don’t be ambiguous; be specific. If your game is a shooter, then saying the illegal deal gone wrong was a sale of weapons would be your best bet to avoid moderation.

1 Like

Be really careful referencing anything to narcotics or substances (drugs, alcohol, cigarettes etc). Roblox is very strict on this kind of content being it a friendly for all ages platform. Make sure if you use alternatives it doesn’t link in any way to the actual substance. I am sure if you have a scene where you exchange bloxy cola for money wouldn’t be any issue unless the bloxy cola gives off effects a narcotic would. If you are completely unsure, I would assume emailing developer relations wouldn’t be an issue at all, or just double check the Roblox TOS. I wish you good luck in your future of development and hope this solved your issue! :slight_smile:

1 Like