Am I allowed to use clothing from the Roblox catalog for a character in my game?

Greetings! So I want to import clothing from the Roblox catalog and import it into my game for a Playable character. (aka. customizable character)

I’m not sure if I am either allowed to do that or prohibited. Let’s pretend I’m trying to make Walter White as a playable character, I decided to grab this from the catalog so I can put the clothing onto the character.

I looked on the forums and there was lots of answers but they didn’t say anything about if it’s okay to use clothing for a character in a Roblox game.

What should I decide?

4 Likes

I’m pretty sure it’s okay to use clothings from the catalog, but I guess you could buy the clothing to pay some respect (and money) to the creator of it

1 Like

It’s definitely okay to do that, although if the clothing is not made by you, I would definitely ask the creator of that clothing if it’s ok if possible.

Also (this will be time-consuming but), I would personally have a section in the GUI or in-game to where you can buy the clothing that an NPC uses.
Makes it easier to find the clothes worn by NPC’s than searching the catalog for a specific item!

Ok, let’s say for example the character’s GUI appears like this:

Character
(Character Description)
Shirt made by (Creator)
Pants made by (Creator)

Would it be okay if I just put who/group created the clothing?

Hello!

It should be fine to use the clothing from the catalog, as I’ve seen some games that allow you to use/test clothing from the catalog.

I highly suggest giving credit to the original owner of the clothing, and possibly ask to use it for your game.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.