Am I allowed to use images I find from the web on a UGC?

Hey there! I was recently making a UGC item, an animal pfp ugc to be specific, and it came to my attention that I shouldn’t use the social media platform Pinterest to get images. I’m curious to know, does anyone know if that counts as a copywrited image?

If so, where can I find non copywrited images that are safe to use on UGC? Has anyone made a UGC like this before with an image of an animal on it?
Here’s sort of what I was going for: cat (profile picture) - Roblox

Anyones help would be majorly appreciated! Thanks. :smiley:

1 Like

You could just find a few people with funny animals and edit them in photoshop or commission someone to make them funny. I do not know the specifics on copyright rules so take my advice with a grain of salt

-ps half the photos on Pinterest are already breaking copyright rules

1 Like

You probably won’t get great results from Google, but in case you might want to try,

You can always Google an image then go to tools>advanced search>usage rights> then toggle any of the options that use the word ‘commercial’ or ‘commercially’ (commercial indicates permission to profit off of the image, which you would be doing if you created UGC with it and then sold it). I’m unsure if you can use images under a creative commons license (creative commons are things listed for use or modification for creative or educational purposes) in this specific situation, so I’d use images listed for commercial use just to be safe.

I don’t know if there’s toggles like this on Pinterest (I doubt there are) but if you can find them, then you can absolutely continue to use it without worrying about copyright (with the usage of those toggles of course)

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.