Am I Banned - Account Moderation Reporting Tool

Am I Banned

Quick Look

Am I Banned is a Roblox Plugin which periodically checks the user’s account status.
This tool automatically monitors the user’s account status and prompts a notification if account moderation is suspected.

This could be really useful when uploading lots of assets and working on huge games. I’ve recently received a ban while creating something in studio and I wasn’t aware of the fact 30 minutes after the ban. I only realized that my account was moderated once I tried to publish my work, thankfully I didn’t lose any work.

(The plugin is free on Itch.io with an optional donation, while it costs 100 Robux on the Creator Marketplace.)

image Get the Plugin [Itch.io] image Purchase the Plugin [Creator Marketplace]

How To Use

After Studio plugin installation, the plugin should automatically start checking your account’s moderation status. To see if the plugin initialized correctly, check your explorer window and look for an Instance named “AmIBanned” among your game’s services.

The explorer instance “AmIBanned” provides two settings which change certain plugin functionality, feel free to tweak those setting to your liking.

CheckInterval indicates how often the plugin checks your account status. It is defaulted at 35 seconds, meaning that the plugin by default checks your account status on every 35 seconds. You could go as low as 10 seconds or as high as 600 seconds.

OutputResults indicates whether the plugin prints out your account status every time it checks it.

Code Meaning
OK Your account is not moderated
BANNED Your account is most likely moderated
INDECISIVE Check failed, no internet connection or Roblox is unreachable
OVERWRITE Used to test the plugin by the developer, account is not moderated

Note

Please always check the Roblox website to be certain of the reported ban, false positives could always occur.

The plugin could always break since it doesn’t rely on any official methods of checking the user’s account status. If the plugin breaks or constantly reports false positives, please temporary disable the plugin and send me a message on the DevForum and I’ll try to fix the issue as soon as possible!

35 Likes

Useful for helping Developers save time from uselessly developing on Studio when they got banned, thanks for sharing this!

7 Likes

Really cool idea. I like it a lot!!!

4 Likes

I feel like this would easily be avoided if you just you know… don’t get banned in the first place. I’ve been on the platform for a very long time, I’ve been banned around 4 times (probably once every two years). It feels unnecessary.

It is very rare that Roblox bans individuals on accident, Roblox’s website also automatically updates - seeming as most of us tend to have it working.

Side note:
I’m also not sure what the policy is for Roblox’s API limits, and what their punishments for abuse is, but I would disclaim that having too low of a request rate could lead to the plug-in not working (as the API blocks your request) or frankly Roblox moderating you.

3 Likes

You’d never know what can ban you, like false positives when uploading decals.

There’s really no telling.

8 Likes

“It is very rare that Roblox bans individuals on accident”
“Dont get banned in the first place”
“Hitting the rate limits could get you banned”

you’re trolling dawg. Also note that getting warned counts as a “ban” in roblox’s systems and won’t let you publish changes to your game

6 Likes

The plugin isn’t made to replace the actual ban screen (seen on the website or the app), it simply detects whether your account doesn’t permission to use the Roblox API and reports it to you.

The popup the plugin prompts once it detects a possibility of a ban even suggest to the user to check the site, the plugin is there just to inform you as soon as possible and urge you to take necessary action at a moment like this.

Regarding the API limit concern

I am also not sure what the limit is, however considering that this Plugin does not make use of HTTP Service directly (instead the plugin contacts Roblox’s API through methods provided in Roblox Studio’s services), I doubt there will be issues regarding that, even if an API limit is reached, Roblox Studio would probably stop those API calls and return a cached API call result until the API call limit refreshes.

Roblox Studio internally probably makes more API requests when you start playtesting than this plugin does on its;

• Lowest recommended setting (1 API call per 20 seconds, 3 calls per minute, 180 calls per hour),
  • And its default setting (1 API call per 35 seconds, ~1.7 API calls per minute, ~102 calls per hour)

+I’ve left Roblox Studio on with the lowest possible setting (10 seconds) for a couple hours, and I didn’t see any issues or any API limits being reached (although the results could be different when you’re active in studio)

2 Likes

I’m not trolling, I think the exact solution to the problem has always been “be careful with what you upload” - their has been times where Roblox has got it wrong, but these are very minimal. Creating a plugin which can detect this in my eyes seems like a solution to a problem that doesn’t particularly exist. If you can’t upload your game, you likely go to Roblox to see if everything else is working - you’ll then unfortunately discover whats happened.

A feature request for something which could notify you that a piece of your content has been blocked would be more useful, and this would also cover when an asset has been moderated but your account has not received a warning. I find it irritating to say the least when I realise something I’ve uploaded on studio never passed.

Abuse of the APIs is also a very easy way to get your IP blocked or your account moderated, users have rate limits for a reason - to prevent denial of service attacks. I’m not saying it will happen, but it can happen to overzealous individuals.

most of the time, it’s out of your control. a moderation on your account could happen days after you actually did an action (ie chatting / uploading a decal). also, false moderations are pretty prevalent. you’re just a lucky case.

Calling to the roblox api once per 30 seconds is not abuse blud

lmfao good luck getting a feature request added. this is literally a free plugin too

1 Like

the “be careful with what you upload” isn’t even a good word of advice. Roblox had banned/warned people for solid color images for months during 2022 Roblox moderation not allowing solid color images from being uploaded. Roblox acts in bizarre ways and we suffer for it

3 Likes

you can check a users moderation status with a simple GET request to the users api. no cookie needed, which won’t block any connection to the api (unless script execution gets blocked when a user gets banned, not really sure)

I’ve never gotten banned, only warned.

2 Likes

Excellent feature! Perfectly providing safety to the development community!

3 Likes

I’ve got falsely moderated twice, files two appeals, both appeal were accepted. My assets were images from ROBLOX UIs (one of an interface I made, I hid all texts., and one from the literal player list made by ROBLOX).

The first one was moderated for “sharing personal info”, although no personal info was shared. As a reminder: there was ABSOLUTELY no text on the image.

The second image was moderated, and the reason was as stupid as the first one (I don’t recall it).

Hopefully these were only warnings (and I’m not sure on whether or not it makes me unable to publish a place), but they were both unfounded and lifted.

False positives do happen more frequently than you might think, in fact we don’t have analytics about that.

1 Like

Hey! You could make a lite version of this plugin since im broke D:

reading is really getting worse

You can download the plugin for free here:

2 Likes

it didn’t work, i followed the steps!

Did you put this file in your local plugins folder?
AmIBanned.rbxm (22.8 KB)

7d2b1e46bc602677c1ae671438f1a3addbf48672

1 Like

I’ve fixed and updated the itch.io install instructions, they should be more detailed now.

Also remember that this plugin does not have any plugin buttons (in the ‘Plugins’ tab);