Amazing FREE Resources for learning Scripting On Roblox Studio

Hello! Today I want to do a follow up to my post about Thumbnail/Game Icon free resources and do one about Scripting resources. I hope you enjoy this list!

The List:

1. CK Studio+ (https://studioplus.io/en ) This is a great tool for tutorials, it is also a plugin you need to download for it to work. It goes all the way from basic to advanced coding and auto saves so you don’t have to start over. It also provides you with good, educational, and entertaining challenges to help you focus and start coding! This resource also has much more such as a podcast, starter games you can learn to script by fixing with tutorials, and much much more.

Note: CK Studio+ wasn’t made by Roblox, but it is an official education partner of Roblox.

1. Roblox Scripting YouTube Channels (AlvinBlox, Zednov, ect) If you go on www.YouTube.com and search up “Roblox Scripting” You will find many resources that can help a lot. You can also search for individual task tutorials such as “How to Make A Dungeon Game” or “How to Script A Boss Fight”.

2. Lua Learning (Lua Learning - Roblox) This is a tool used by many people for learning scripting. It isn’t complete yet, but it is still very informative and teaches a lot about Roblox Studio Scripting. If you can’t access the game for some reason, use the website: https://lualearning.com!

3. Hiring a private teacher on the DevForum. This is where you create a recruitment article asking for a private scripting teacher. I would recommend giving 100 Robux to the teacher as a pay. Also make sure it isn’t a scam.

1. https://developer.roblox.com Is the official Website for Development tutorials that Roblox has made. It features hundreds of official tutorials and is sort of like a studio Development course. Personally, I think it is good as a reference for when you are struggling with a project or code due to it having a tutorial for Everything.

2. https://education.roblox.com is a great way to learn Roblox scripting in a classroom like environment. It is also sort of like our #5

3. Scripting resource links is a good resource for finding tutorials individually. It is not made by me so full credit goes to the post’s creator and anyone who helped him. It is also an official website for educators made by Roblox and approved for use in schools.

Closing Segment

That is my list of free resources for learning how to script on Roblox Studio. I hope you found this article helpful in whatever you are doing. The main point of this was just to give people some basic resources for Scripting, but you can also use it for much more than that.

Till next time, Bye!

24 Likes

I love this i’ve already bookmarked it!

3 Likes

I really like this! There is something i’d add though.

I noticed recently that @boatbomber made an actual website for lua learning to go along with the game. If you’re unable to access the game for whatever reason i’d highly recommend the website!

3 Likes

Okay, I will add the website to that. It is interesting how he made a website for Lua Learning.

1 Like

Also - you forgot a major one!

3 Likes

lol, that is true. Thanks for the reminder. I was thinking of that while i was typing, but i forgot about it.

1 Like

I suggest https://education.roblox.com too it’s a great resource for people to learn game developing in a classroom type environment.

1 Like

Thanks, I will add it. It is interesting how it looks just like the official site.

It is an official site by roblox :slight_smile:

1 Like

oh okay, I didn’t realize. Why do they have 2 sites that do the same thing though?

1 Like

education.roblox.com is meant for teachers who want to use this as an teaching material for students. So this website is pretty useful of you prefer learning in a classroom oriented style and plus, there are lot of well detailed tutorials and cheat sheets too.

While developer wiki has all the apis, tutroial, articles, videos etc meant for developing

1 Like

oh okay, are teachers allowed to use Roblox as a resource though?

Yes, ofcourse, they are allowed to use it.

1 Like

Would you say they use it often though, cause my teachers has never even mentioned it before.

I wouldnt say they use it often because as for me none of my teachers have ever talked about it before, and I guess would never since it’s not that popular.

Though it depends upon school, education system, and the teacher themselves.

If you have any more questions, let’s discuss further in DMs since I am getting a little off topic :slight_smile:

1 Like

okay, well thanks for clarifying that for me!

I’ve also made a list of resources for beginner/learning scripters and API links here.

1 Like

Interesting, should i add it to the list as a goof resource for learning scripting?

I made it specifically so people could find specific topics instead of broadly looking for tutorials themselves. For example, someone might finish a tutorial then not know what to learn next so I made this to make it easier to find more to learn. If you think it should be added, add it, I think you should in terms of specific resource links especially the API section that makes it easier to learn Roblox’s instances and services that learning scripters might want to be exposed to.

1 Like

Okay, I added it as #7. It really isn’t a ranking, it is just a list, but yeah.