Amazing ocean game

No point describing it, just play:

it’s pretty cool as far as gameplay goes, but the boat movement seems kind of weird

might be intended, for all I know

It is pretty awesome, but there’s something you should know about the game devs.

the dev videos are amazing on their website

No wonder the game looked so professional!!

Anyways, I like the game, but I don’t love it.
The reason for this is because I find it very difficult to advance in the game when you play with players who have the upperhand; the one’s who’ve been playing longer.

No wonder the game looked so professional!!

The reason for this is because I find it very difficult to advance in the game when you play with players who have the upperhand; the one’s who’ve been playing longer.[/quote]

Perfect for Roblox!

It’s interesting how far ROBLOX has come. Perhaps it will be a household name in 10 years time?

so that’s how they got the meshes. I thought it was one of the admins in disguise (like RaceToTheBottom) but apparently not.

Ahah, I was wondering what those assets were for, when ROBLOX uploaded them months ago it looked like it was minecraft stuff.

It certainly is very impressive in terms of the art assets, but one could argue that the gameplay isn’t exactly phenomenal. The objective path is solid, but what exactly is the objective? Is it even worth trying to define an objective when there are massive balancing flaws such as allowing pro players with weaponized cargo ships to inhabit the same waters as new players with their tiny wooden boats?

Honestly I found the game to be less enjoyable than it could have been.

This is very exciting to see some proffesional game makers trying out roblox! This gives me a hope to see frontpage filled with quality games. Or at least have a dedicated game page, where will be displayed community and admin approoved games. For example people could vote for some games, and admins could approove the most voted ones.

[quote] It certainly is very impressive in terms of the art assets, but one could argue that the gameplay isn’t exactly phenomenal. The objective path is solid, but what exactly is the objective? Is it even worth trying to define an objective when there are massive balancing flaws such as allowing pro players with weaponized cargo ships to inhabit the same waters as new players with their tiny wooden boats?

Honestly I found the game to be less enjoyable than it could have been. [/quote]

The gameplay is pretty terrible by our standards, but it’s what Roblox kids want. Remember Basewars? Most hideously unbalanced game ever created, first to hit 10mil plays. The lack of balance gives a goal, the kids want to be the guy spawnkilling the noobs and so they are willing to be spawnkilled repeatedly to do so.

So, are these guys adults, or just a group of teenagers who put a name on themselves to act professional?

When you check the page, you can see that it’s project of university students, so they are legally adults, not teens.

0-o And I thought I was too old for Roblox

[quote]
The reason for this is because I find it very difficult to advance in the game when you play with players who have the upperhand; the one’s who’ve been playing longer. [/quote]

This I have to agree with. The server I was in had 2 people with huge ships who were destroying me as I left my port. I just gave up after awhile because I couldn’t go anywhere without being destroyed in one hit.

Its terrible for a PC game but I guess its ok for a mobile game.

-Very grindy
-Even the grinding is boring (progress never becomes faster over time since resources are very limited)
-Why is this a sea based game if you ever only travel 3 ships lenght of distance…?
-Cant even rotate camera

[quote] Its terrible for a PC game but I guess its ok for a mobile game.

-Very grindy
-Even the grinding is boring (progress never becomes faster over time since resources are very limited)
-Why is this a sea based game if you ever only travel 3 ships lenght of distance…?
-Cant even rotate camera [/quote]

Yeh, I expected it to be an randomly generated open world, but was met with a small static world.
Disappointing.

I agree with just about all of you. The game play could be a LOT better, it’s actually pretty fun, but is unbalanced with other players. It could be A LOT better, a lot more places to get resources, randomly generated, and a lot more. They could also add a lot more items to add on to your ship, they could also add ways to increase the weight and speed of your ship without using those weird boxes. There is SO MUCH they can do, that I wish they did.