Ambient soundscapes based on proximity/line of sight

Listen closely while the soundscapes change, and the new ambient fades in.

Custom footstep sounds are also included but were added after the video was recorded.
Go walk on metal to stop the annoying footstep bug

Feel free to try it out yourselves:

So, It works like this:
A player must be within the soundscape’s radius(A Value) and be able to see it for the change to take place. The soundscape and all sounds attached to it will then play until another one takes over. If more than one soundscape entity is fighting for control, the nearest wins. However If none are “visible” to the player, the nearest is chosen.

The background noise, and random effects to play in a soundscape are defined in a modulescript, like this:

If you’re wondering about performance impact, there’s practically none.

I want to play now.

Please?

O.O

The walking sound kills it though q.q

[quote] I want to play now.

Please? [/quote]

All there is in the game is just the soundscape system but sure, lemme upload it somewhere.
Also don’t mind the zombies

EDIT:

[quote] I want to play now.

Please? [/quote]

All there is in the game is just the soundscape system but sure, lemme upload it somewhere.
Also don’t mind the zombies

EDIT:
http://www.roblox.com/aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa-place?id=18551229[/quote]

Yeah. It’s really a LOT better when you can see it/hear it yourself. It’s awesome.

[quote] O.O

The walking sound kills it though q.q [/quote]

Added footsteps :slight_smile:

Go walk on metal to stop the annoying bug

This is really cool! But why the source textures?

By the looks of it, he’s working on porting Source to ROBLOX (if that makes sense.,.?) so he can make an awesome zombie game.

They’re not really source textures, rather made by me and inspired by source :slight_smile:

The env_soundscape sprite is from source though, and FiniteReality is right, but im not “porting” the entire engine, rather basing my code on source