Amplify Your Experiences with New Music

According to AI (with a source from Distrokid), Distrokid has GTA 4’s loading theme and GTA SA’s theme song on their site. If those themes manage to turn available on the creator market, peace will be restored.
:grinning:

1 Like

Will we as music producers and creators who don’t pay or can’t afford to pay for Distrokid, be able to play and upload their music to the Roblox marketplace? And be able to keep our work on stores such as Spotify, and Apple Music?

1 Like

Nice update! Is there any chance to allow copyrighted songs in the future, for private games?

Eg, I want to make a hangout game that’s private, only with my friends in it, and I want to play “All Star - By Smash Mouth”, however the song is copyrighted. IS there any way you could allow copyrighted songs to still run on the platform, but not be heard in games with privacy set to “Public” instead of deleting them?

Could we also not get our audio slots taken up by audios that the AI Moderation detects as “Copyrighted” or “Disruptive”? I had moments I uploaded songs which got flagged as Disruptive and my audio slot was taken up.

This is not a win, DistroKid is already in a lot of heat for controversies and disrespect towards artists and their music. I respect Roblox is attempting to make adjustments for not having any public facing music, but make the product right, not sloppy. Continue to go forward with Monstercat’s catalog, dive into developing systems that pay artists upon play; as a billionaire company, I want to see impactful change that drives Roblox to be the next high-end game engine, and proper execution of all systems and their refinery is a must for that.

Good steps forward, but can we get much higher? (Yes, we can)

2 Likes

Distrokid music does not work in games owned by a group even if the group owner adds the asset to their inventory. This makes this music inaccessible to the majority of top games.

EDIT: Apparently it is working now? I’m not sure why it wasn’t before but it does appear to work if the group owner adds the song to their inventory. Sorry for any confusion.

3 Likes

Is there a chance for you to get sued by major record labels in the future, in real life?

3 Likes

Ngl If distrokid can have their own tab why other cough KPM, Kaptain cough why don’t have one for them as well? I’m not saying that everything needs their own special tab but KPM is lowkey better than distrokid.(I am not really into music artists and whatever i don’t even know if Kaptain or KPM are artist or bands or like a hole company.)

1 Like

Oh no, can’t listen to songs with friends nowdays? It’s time to pay for listening to songs on tv, youtube and other platforms because I didn’t get the permission to do that…

1 Like

i’d rather upload my music directly and have it submitted in seconds rather than paying a yearly subscription to upload audio.

6 Likes

What? Don’t tell me I have to pay to use the distrokid’s music.

1 Like

Public audios are released already, you need to have id-verification and do another verification that you’re responsible for what you upload, in order to be able to publish audios. They also don’t work in all games, since the developer of the game needs to buy & own the audio in their inventory for it to be heard in-game

1 Like

Distrokid is a distribution service, my point was that you have to pay a yearly subscription to distribute music through Distrokid, not use it.

This is a reminder to Roblox that they could flick one switch and public audios (even if ID gated) are available again.

6 Likes

distrokid offers Content ID as an additional fee - it’s $14.95 p/year p/release.
it’s quite expensive so some users (like me) just don’t enable it.

2 Likes

Some ambiance music I added to my game such as menu background music from the generic uploads also get copyright claims. So it’s not just bigger artist songs that have this problem when people upload videos of our games. Its a hit or miss.

1 Like

it says user is not authorized to access it in the output and doesn’t play

1 Like

You have to have it in your inventory and it has to be your experience.

1 Like

oh i have it so players can search roblox music with roproxy and then click on a song to play it. or by typing in song ids. how can i make this compatible with that? i cant go through every single song and add it. also update: some of them do work and some dont. i found a couple that play

1 Like

If I’m not mistaken, right now in order to publish audio to the store through Roblox, the audio length has to be under 10 seconds and Roblox has to believe it is considered a sound effect.

ahh, right, i forgot that your audio needs to be 10 seconds or less

2 Likes

This is all very cool but I notice one key omission. Video game music tends to loop. Right now there is no workflow in studio for finding seamless looping points. Will there ever be one? Thank you.

2 Likes