Amplify Your Experiences with New Music

Me when I use a legal loophole to cause all creators to be banned/fined by using music from Distrokid and then having no option to mute it.

Seriously, why? What’s the point then? It just lowers reach by putting content creators at risk.

2 Likes

Music licensing is a complex area, and right now, our licenses only apply to Roblox. Uploading content to any other platform is subject to their policies. Streamers can choose not to record audio and only stream video from experiences.

1 Like

Every artist participating in this DistroKid integration can choose whether they want their music shared with Roblox. The artists we’ve spoken to thus far are excited about the potential for more exposure. We’re at the beginning of our music journey on Roblox, and we are thinking about the potential for monetization.

2 Likes

A toast will only apply to tracks from vetted sources that can provide Roblox with an ISRC. So this means that this won’t trigger for private background tracks or sound effects.

1 Like

This feedback is helpful, as we’re working on a method to control (e.g., suppress or snooze), and we will share more on that when available.

2 Likes

We agree more is needed here. Right now, we’re showing a list of DistroKid tracks, and we’ve added the ability to filter by Music vs SFX. We’ve also recently fixed issues related to multi-filter option section. We’ll continue to improve the filtering options as we add more content.

5 Likes

Could y’all use this system that already exists? Disabling Default UI | Documentation - Roblox Creator Hub

I wouldn’t want multiple ways of disabling Roblox’s UI, that’d be confusing.

2 Likes

I hope you guys consider getting more music labels onto Roblox since it would be nice to have artists that are from big to small on the platform.

6 Likes

Will this work with private tracks and let you mute music? @headinclouds_ash - the ability to mute tracks via this toggle would be great for accessibility. – also, would this be automatically disabled for sound effects?

1 Like

@Reditect yes, that’s a completely fair point, for developer settings - if that’s the option we land on, we’d be using CoreGui based controls. However we are also trying to design/test user-side controls, and there we might need to be more thoughtful on the granularity of control.

3 Likes

Why are some of the new tracks Content Deleted now?

4 Likes

What happens when that monetization starts? Do all the experiences using the “free” music have to start paying, or will the monetization work similar to royalties? It’s honestly ridiculous that a corporation like roblox is asking musicians to give their music for free.

3 Likes

That is how it was in the past before they “paused” public audio uploads in 2022 and forced many already-public assets to become private.

Unfortunately, Roblox moderation had (and still has) its flaws and occasionally allowed infringing content to slip through.

2 Likes

its got deleted after ur reply D:

3 Likes

yeah back to bad update, upload songs remove the good ones :-1:

3 Likes

Cool, now get NCS on ROBLOX… please?

2 Likes

What do you need ncs for in roblox? I don’t think brainrot kids will enjoy a song that was popular in 2018/2016…

1 Like

but but but…

as a 2017-joined user (2022-joined alt, currently using it on the devforum because my main is <13), i like their songs and certainly longtime roblox users likely heard those

same with Kevin MacLeod music, bring those back

5 Likes

I don’t really have much to say here. Roblox, pay your musicians, apart from that yeah the copyright sucks a bit. Still waiting for user-generated music.

One day.

7 Likes

They said next month this will be possible but not directly through Roblox (unlike most audio under 10s). You’ll have to submit through Distrokid and the add-to-inventory requirement will apply.

Uploads directly through Roblox would be a game changer even with the inventory requirement.

3 Likes