Amy ideas for player retention?

Hey.

I’m making a game, Fightpads, and I’m not too confident it will be able to retain players. I can’t pinpoint exactly what, but it might be the round system.

The following video is a bit outdated (there’s now music, sound fx, a banana tool and a tornado event) but not by much.

I’d also like feedback on monetization. I’m planning on having, for example, a nightmare mode devproduct that goes for 20 robux. But I don’t have many ideas for stuff like that. Maybe reviving?

Also, I can’t decide on what the coins should be used for. I’m thinking of introducing pets which could have accessories, as well as allowing weapons and maybe more OP items to be bought.

More info on the game here

There are some things that help with player retention you could improve upon
First one is visual presentation, UI and such, the more appealing or different your game looks players will want to stick around.

Second is, well, having players. Its kind of a loop but if your game has alot of players players feel included by playing and will keep playing, you can incentivise this a bit by having a leaderboard too or something of the sort. Giving the players items and abilities to work thoards also helps give it a sense of progression.

Third is to keep the gameplay fresh and varied, if you want your game to retain players, your game has to be interesting enough to actualy keep them playing. I joined the game but couldnt play because im just 1 person, but ask yourself if you would play your game for 30 mins straight for example, if not then you have things to change.

1 Like

You should focus on music, wackiness or sandbox aspects otherwise you’ll never be able to compete with other plate randomizer games.
Gl.

1 Like

What do you mean by sandbox aspects?

There are many plate games out there, but only a few features a system where you can place structures down, like Plates of Fate - Remastered.
You could move a bit further on that, so it’ll be more extraordinary and creative.