An attempt at realistic beach

This is my attempt at a realistic beach, not my best.

I need feedback on how to position my camera better for better shots.

6 Likes

It looks lovely. I’d like to relax there. :slight_smile:

My feedback:

• For your camera as you asked, you should go mess around with the Field of View. You don’t really have any object to focus on, but the FoV still must be adjusted because it looks awkward. For the position, just mess around with it until it looks good. You could look for references too and see what camera position looks good. I’m no master photographer so yeah.

• You could add some more details like birds (Assuming it’s just a still image and you don’t need moving ones), clouds (depends if you are going for a cloudy setting), some big rocks on the water, etc. The water could use some more waves as well.

• Post processing effects need some adjustments, specifically your sunrays. Spread it out a bit.

• Lighting could be better. Make it brighter like the sun is there. The shadows are non-existent as well. Are you using Voxel lighting? If yes, I recommend using Shadowmap or even Future lighting if you are working with realistic style.

Everything else is fine. Keep it up. :+1:

I am using future, to be honest I should have changes the color of the terrain to match the skybox

1 Like