An ideal way to deal with 50~ "entities" moving and interacting with each other without massive server performance loss

Recently, I had watched Suphi Kaner’s Youtube video on Pathfinding, Client VS Server, Unlimited Humanoids - Roblox Scripting Tutorial, in which it showed a possible method to optimise server performance when dealing with multiple moving objects, NPCs. However, from what I understand, this method wouldn’t be too well if the NPCs itself was to interact with other NPCs due to physics (i.e NPCs blocking each other’s paths) without having it unable to collide with other NPCs.

At the same time, I was experimenting with using non-humanoid ways of moving multiple entities such as lerping, tweening, mover constraints and vector math via loops, but I’m unable to decide which method works best for reducing script activity and FPS loss. Does anyone know if there is a better to handle NPCs interaction while optimising for best server performance?

I think this post can help you optimize your server networking, its a great one:

1 Like