An impact one Russian Roblox blogger can make

Introduction

We’ve all heard about DanTDM, Flamingo and other relatively big community influencers. But have we thought of an impact one famous Russian youtuber can make on your game?
While working as a localizer, I’ve been gathering data about Russian Roblox youtubers.
The reason why I did so is that I always want my clients to know if it’s worth to translate their games to Russian. I’m telling you this because the numbers are crazy

Blogger A

I would like to start with one of the famous Russian Roblox youtubers

Channel statistics

Subscriber count: 762,538
Video Views: 70k-120k views per video 7 days after its release
Uploads: 1,686
Uploads per day: 3

As you can see, compared to English speaking Roblox bloggers, this person has a relatively small amount of views. But, unlike EU/US bloggers, he has an active community.

As a reference, I would like to use a game I have recently translated to Russian, Construction Simulator. After just 1 video, it took ~60 minutes for the current player count to reach 400+ players. Right now there are 2 videos about Construction Simulator and current online varies from 600 to 800 current players.

Blogger B

Things are getting more interesting, the biggest Roblox related Russian channel

Channel statistics

Subscriber count: 6,053,462
Video Views: Up to 300k views per video 7 days after its release
Uploads per day: 1-2 videos

Up to 300,000 views per 3-7 days old videos, looks promising. Imagine how many players a game may get if you keep in mind the fact that the Russian community is extremely active.
I can’t tell what games I’m going to use as a reference because I didn’t ask for permission, but I’ve made a small statistic about 2 games

Game 1

Current online the before video release - ~100 players
Current online a day after the video release - ~1300 players
Current online a week after the video release - 320
Game genre - simulator

In this case, the game keeps 220 new Russian players (a week after the video release) and it’s a generic simulator, but it should be obvious that it’s really hard to keep online in a generic simulator game.

Game 2

Current online before the video release - ~2000 players
Current online a day after the video release - ~3000 players
Current online a week after the video release - 4000 players
Game genre - adventure
In this case, the game keeps roughly 1000 new players (a week after the video release). If your game is attractive and unique, you may get up to 1000 Russian players just from one video

What is your opinion about all of this?
Do Russians play your game?*

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 1 minute. New replies are no longer allowed.