An option to IP ban people

> As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to . . .
Speaking for all group recruiting plaza staff, as you can imagine we ban alot of people daily (easily 50+) yet the majority just comes back on alts. We kinda countered it by setting a minimum account age but in the end it doesn’t actually stop trolls/exploiters/etc from just making new accounts and proceed their rampage.

> If Roblox is able to address your issue, how would it improve your game and/or your development experience? Please be as specific as possible.
We would no longer need a battalion of people to monitor a game 24/7 just to make sure the floor isn’t deleted or some people turn the place into a ww2 german rally.

I understand this has been suggested before but turned down because people were afraid for DDOS stuff but I’m sure there’s ways to censor the IP, perhaps make an official integrated admin?

Thanks in advance.

3 Likes

This was actually suggested here! :slight_smile: Banning Service?

Edit: Sorry, missed this part!

It was turned down for the combined reasons of the ability to circumvent it and the problems with giving people that much power. Furthermore please post a reply to the existing suggestion instead of making it a new thread if you think you have a solution that was not mentioned before.

3 Likes

That much power? It’s your game so you get to ban people, seems obvious.

3 Likes

Just because you made the game does not mean you get to write your own rules though, Roblox’ rules are always the standard where you are able to make additions. Any custom rule is not Roblox their task to enforce, let alone risk all kinds of complications to do so.

1 Like

I disagree. If I create a game and somebody is being disruptive and negatively impacting my creation, my community, or my profitability, I should have the tools to handle them. I’m not saying that IP banning is necessary, but I disagree with the principle that we aren’t allowed to govern those who play our games.

Instead of banning users, though, games should be created in a more scalable way. Having moderators and such will not work for large games, and I think that’s one of the reasons that Roblox doesn’t care to add these features. You’ll need to find built-in ways to ensure a positive user experience, including combatting exploiters. At the end of your day, people should never be able to cause disruption that would require a ban.

6 Likes

Roblox’ rules already include disruptive behavior and provides appropriate punishments.

Why can people delete the floor.

3 Likes

Yes, in a massively general scale. If someone is doing something insignificant that ruins my game’s social element, Roblox will never ban them for that. In fact, players can do just about anything they want as far as gameplay and Roblox will never do anything- and they shouldn’t. But the game developer should have that privilege.

Perhaps they say they will on paper, but they do not. The game developer alone is responsible for detecting exploiters these days, and they will receive no assistance from Roblox in handling that. If Roblox is not going to handle cheaters for us, they should at least feel responsible to give us adequate tools to do it ourselves.

2 Likes

Please move this discussion to the thread already created for this topic.

2 Likes

People posting bypassed decals on our advertisements, having rude words on booths, standing ontop of other’s booths and being a general annoyance to them, having several people line up each wearing a T-shirt with a letter on it to make racist words.

Things like this are not enforced by Roblox therefore without any moderation tools it’d be open ground for trolls and the game would die because nobody would play it. That is why I am here.

1 Like

Smh, please look for similar topics first. Banning Service?