An unexpected error occured and Roblox needs to quit

Trying to join an experience through the web browser always results in Roblox crashing after the ‘Starting Roblox’ loading screen. I previously made a post about this issue and have since come across another post regarding the same issue

While this has stopped the ‘unrecoverable error’ message from showing up, Roblox still crashes after the initial loading pop up, with the error message being ‘An unexpected error occurred and Roblox needs to quit. We're sorry!

Everything I have tried:

• Changing DNS
  • Updating drivers
  • Uninstalling and reinstalling Roblox
  • Disabling all anti-virus features
  • Disabling all Windows Firewall settings
  • Disabling virtualization through the BIOS settings
  • Clearing Temp files and Roblox AppData files

Reproduction Steps:
Joining an experience via the web browser.

Crash Dump:
RBX-B311A855.log (73.0 KB)
RBX-EF0646B1.log (5.4 KB)
RBX-9DAA0E87.log (9.3 KB)
RBX-BB18B95E.log (82.5 KB)

Logs:
0.581.0.5810563_20230708T060702Z_Player_6874E_last.log (4.3 KB)

I’ve had this issue for months and haven’t been able to play since the Byfron update. Any help would be appreciated.

18 Likes

When uninstalling Roblox, did you perhaps clear your Temp files + Roblox AppData files?

6 Likes

Yeah, I should probably add that to the list of things I’ve tried.

4 Likes

Is this using the website version or the Microsoft Store version? The website version includes Byfron which seems to be broken since everyone I know cannot play on the website version.

6 Likes

I’m still able to play on it, but often for short period of times before the game crashes.

4 Likes

The Roblox developers really need to stop Byfron until they fix it up. It’s barely released yet it’s making Roblox unplayable.

6 Likes

On the plus side, at least it stopped most exploiters from being able to exploit in games now. But yeah, pretty big issue with playability among normal players.

3 Likes

That’s not true. It stopped pretty much no one. It had no effect on Mac, Android, and iOS, and on Windows every exploiter moved to the Microsoft store variant which has no byfron

2 Likes

Oh well, the best thing to do now would be to wait for Roblox to fix this issue, which I hope would be soon.

Hope…

2 Likes

Using the website version. Everyone I know uses the website version and it works for them, not sure why it hasn’t been working for me even after going through the necessary steps. The Microsoft Store version has many flaws compared to the website version, so I don’t really prefer it.

2 Likes

4 of my friends + I cannot use the website version. It moves that bar for a few seconds and then does nothing.

2 Likes

Does it crash for you after the initial loading pop up?

2 Likes

No. It just doesn’t start anything.

1 Like

Do you have thing overlaying the Roblox interface? (MSI Afterburner, RoShade) if you do, you may be “Temporary Restricted” from using the Roblox client. These can last from 25 minutes to 1-2 hours.

1 Like

It happens on a default installation of windows.

2 Likes

Tbh they could just use the Microsoft version of it

2 Likes

Same issue is happening with me, it wouldn’t even load sometimes (get stuck on starting roblox halfway, and close) so I had to delete one of my user profiles on my pc.

Now I can sit in the game for a little bit and the game will crash after about 5 minutes or so.

5 Likes

I have also been unable to play since the Byfron update – more than 2 months now! It takes several attempts to join a game which doesn’t crash within a few seconds or minutes and during the time in which I am in the game I get massive lag spikes regularly every few minutes which last seconds.

5 Likes

I have the same problem here, the game was working a few days ago but now it seems to crash with that error message and nothing seems to fix it.

2 Likes

I have the same problem, back then it is solved but now today, I got this problem very frequently, even if my FPS is still fine or even if I didn’t unplug my battery the crash message occurs very frequently! I tried solutions from a YouTube video but nothing happens! Still the same problem!

7 Likes