An unexpected error occurred and Roblox needs to quit. Sorry!

Hello everyone! I have had this error for about a week now, and just can’t seem to fix it. I haven’t really been able to play Roblox at all besides VR and mobile.

Fixes I’ve tried:

1. Clean disk thumbnails, temporary

2. Go to local and remove Roblox

3. Uninstall via “Add or remove programs”

4. Reinstalling Roblox

5. Launching with administrator permissions

6. Restarting PC

7. Turning off anti virus

8. Launch with no other programs available (imagine like there’s a strikethrough here)

The reason I put a strikethrough on number 8, is because I haven’t tried it, although I’ve seen it on the dev forum.

Help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

3 Likes

Update: I tried not having other apps in the background, didn’t work.

and to add, microsoft store version doesnt work either.

Hello, I see your problem. I advise you to wait for the return of a technician with a ticket that they will give you on this post. It could be a bug between your Roblox and the computer. If I understand correctly, there could also be an issue with a file or your registry on the computer. If your error is occurring on your computer, try to be patient and not worsen the situation. Have a good end of the day.

1 Like

Thanks for the information. I’ll look at this every now and then!

1 Like

Bump & update;

The error still continues. I tried getting rid of every other program I have open besides Opera, Spotify, and Discord. Although I couldn’t close Norton since it’s literally uninstall-able and you can’t close it, in other words, respectively, screw Norton.

You should file a bug report or message @Bug-Support in the format of one if you don’t have permissions to. They should be able to sort out your crash if you provide crash logs and other system information in a message sent to @bug-files and linked in your bug report.

The issue has been resolved, I did some tampering with my settings on windows and it seems to work now, thank you everyone for your help!

1 Like

Incase anyone’s wondering, I restarted it again and after reinstalling it worked.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.