What do I post?
The following information is very useful to Roblox engineers when they get your bug report and are trying to fix it. Please include as much of the following items as possible. Every additional bit of information about your bug will help us find and fix these issues faster.
- Please title your bug report post with a meaningful and descriptive title. Misleading or uninformative titles may result in bugs being overlooked and not addressed as quickly as possible.
- What issue are you having? Describe what is happening when the bug occurs. Describe what you would normally expect to occur.
- Does the bug happen 100% of the time?
- If so, are there steps that reproduce the bug? Please list them in very high detail. Provide simple example places that exhibit the bug and provide description of what you believe should be the behavior. Please make sure that any places used to describe a bug are Active and joinable.
- Where does the bug happen? (www, gametest, etc) What type of platform are you on? (Mac, PC, Android, iOS, XBox, etc) Which OS and version are you using?
- Is it level-specific? Is it game specific? Please post a link to the place that exhibits the issue.
- Would a screenshot or video help describe it to someone? If so, post one.
- For graphics bugs, it is sometimes helpful to know your system specs, especially graphics card.
- For desktop performance bugs, please include an uploaded micro-profile dump. (Ctrl+F6; Dump menu; 32 frames; generates HTML file in C:\Users\USER\ or /Users/user/; upload HTML file)
- When did the bug start happening? If we can tie it to a specific release that helps us figure out what we broke.
- Anything else that you would want to know about the bug if it were your job to find and fix it.
If you have a critical bug that urgently needs to be investigated, start your post with the phrase “ROBLOXCRITICAL”. This is used to alert admins right away to the issue. A critical bug must satisfy at least one of the following criteria:
- A reproducible crash (Studio, game or website shutting down or returning a fatal error 100% of the time when a set of steps are followed)
- Loss of data (either through Data Stores or Data Persistance)
- Preventing all players from connecting to a game and affecting multiple Roblox games.
We take critical bugs very seriously and will not respond well to spam or inappropriate reports. Abuse of the system will result in punitive measures.
Please note that without the other accompanying details, even a critical issue is going to take longer to identify and resolve. Please include all of the associated information when reporting a critical issue.