Replies to bug reports must also follow these guidelines where possible. This means “Me too!” replies are not acceptable.
Your bug report must have:
- An accurate title - Engineers should know what the bug is before opening the thread. Be specific!
- A detailed description - Explain what you expect, and what happens instead.
- Where it happens - Include links if it happens with specific places / users / groups / etc.
- When it happens - Include the date and time (including timezone) when it started happening.
- Videos and images - Include visuals to demonstrate the problem.
- Reproduction instructions and files - See below
- Required information - See below
See some examples.
Provide step-by-step instructions that cause the bug to happen.
These steps must be:
- Minimal - Simplify complicated steps or conditions as much as possible.
- Specific - Steps must be clear and detailed. Don’t assume engineers know what you mean.
- Consistent - Ideally, your steps reproduce the issue 100% of the time. Specifically mention how often your steps reproduce the bug (100% / 50% / Rarely?)
If your bug is with Studio or the Roblox engine, upload a very simple place file to your thread that can be used to reproduce the bug. This file should contain the bare minimum to cause the bug to happen.
Always include reproduction (repro) files for bugs that only happen with specific scripts / place setups / instances / etc!
If your repro file contains private content, you should DM it to the Logs / Crash Dumps / Other Bug Files group. Include a link to the DM in your thread. This link is only viewable by Roblox employees
If your bug is happening on the website:
Make sure the bug still happens if you disable all of your browser extensions.
Include what browser version you are using.
If your bug only happens to a specific game / user / group / etc:
- Make a repro file as simple as possible that causes the bug. Otherwise, include direct links to the affected game / user / group; engineers will not know what “my group” or “game-name” means.
If your bug is happening in Studio:
- Make sure it only happens in Studio and post in #bug-reports:studio-bugs. If it happens at all in games joined from the website, post in #bug-reports:engine-bugs!
- Check that it still happens when your plugins are disabled
If you are crashing / freezing / disconnecting / having problems running Roblox or Studio:
(Review the difference between crashes, freezes, and disconnects, make sure you use the right word!)
If Roblox is lagging or running slowly:
If you have graphics problems or Roblox looks wrong:
- Include your system information.