An unnamed "paintball" game I've been working on

Hello, RbxDev. This is a thread for the paintball game I’ve been working on for the past three months. It’s (unashamedly) inspired by Splatoon. Here’s a video clip of my progress so far.

I think I’m close to the point where I can finally start focusing on making maps/meshes. If you want to play the demo, you can do so here.

43 Likes

Very cool. It will be very interesting to see how this game goes :wink:

3 Likes

This looks awesome! Only thing that would make this better imo is smaller bullets and a higher range of shooting.

Looks really cool, hope you can finish it :smiley:

Add a small recoil. The particles look great but it looks strange seeing such a recoil followed by zero gun movement.

2 Likes

splatoon theme engages

1 Like

I like the style and all, but the capturing, goes to fast.
Also the elevators, you just go though them and into an accident xD

Walls are weird on graphics quality one

If you hold sprint and jump you suddenly stop moving sharply in mid air, velocity doesn’t continue and mouse lock switch is disabled which makes me cry internally but I love it other than that.

Looks awsome, i like this small parkour system.

I love the feel of the gameplay, definitely will be a favorite when done :+1:

Also I know that the map is a temp but you can capture a point right next to the spawn through the pipes

pic

Looks slick. I like the smoothness of everything

pew pew pew pew pew pew pew

2 Likes

Woah! Those are some really neat animations! Keep it up!

Amazing 10/10 would play again.

I pushed some updates over the past few days:

• Updated air movement. Decoupled air movement from frame rate. Increased max air movement speed (bunny hopping while sprinting now feels better.) Sharp turns in mid air can be made by double jumping.

• Added recoil animations. Please do tell if it looks good/bad.

• Increased overall weapon range. I felt like taking the Splatoon route with short-ranged weapons, but it only made sense in that setting because of their squid form (stealth) so being outranged isn’t immediately fatal.

• Decreased pellet size. Aesthetic change.

• Damage/Capture Power falloff added. Damage decreases inverse-squarely with speed (relative to average muzzle speed). This should take care of players trying to cheaply capture points from afar.

Regarding mouselock: I’m not sure if mouse lock fits in with this game (holding right click pretty much does the same thing, and disabling mouselock frees the shift key)

Looks really cool!

I know this is really old, but I’m wondering how you did the fade in color on the statues