An update on the Roblox Developer Wiki and Documentation

Looking forward to the new Wiki updates!

One thing I would keep in mind with the updates is to make sure the pages use simple enough language and fully explain everything.
When I first used the Wiki, I got super confused by the terminology.
Some pages would reference other techniques and then not explain them or link to a page that explains them.
Also, pages should have more examples on them. Quite a few pages have one simplistic example that doesn’t show how the function/property fully works.

I am excited to see how the Wiki evolves. I hope it can become a better resource for new developers, as that’s where we tell them all to go when they ask us how to code :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

You guys should add an issue report button on all pages, so if we come across something that is worded strange or outdated or incorrect we can easily bring attention to even minor things without needing to complain about it or bug staff in other communication channels

1 Like

Love the new design, looks pretty slick!

Really glad to see the wiki is getting more attention. Good luck to you and anyone else working on the wiki. You guys have a big task ahead of you so good luck :+1:

Also glad to see the cookbook is getting updated, that thing is super useful for beginners!

2 Likes